Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Colors Of Malaysia (Part 2)

Hai again......I'm finally going to start my second blog of the week....
Again its about the colors of Malaysia but part 2 this time. I know...I know.....ur gonna yawn again huh?
but don't worry, this blog won't be TOO long. I can promise u that. As u know I'm lacking ideas here so well, here I go  :P

The first topic of this title?.....
Its the culture of Malaysia.....
Sounds cool? Wait till I explain it to ya'll  XD

First I'm gonna start with the Malays....Since I'm Malay so hahahah....No complaints on the other cultures...k?
Ummmm....Meow....(Trying to be cute X3) hihihihi ok I'll start now

Selamat Hari Raya logo
This is the Hari Raya logo of my choice.....I like it coz its green and comfy. I love Hari Raya coz its my culture's celebration. But not just that, any other culture like Chinese or Indian or any other culture are welcome to celebrate this event with friends and family. Its a friendly celebration so ALL cultures are welcome to celebrate it with us Malays.

Clothes of Hari Raya day  
This picture up here is the clothes for guys and girls to wear during raya. Don't the girls and that little boy there look graceful and beautiful in their baju kurung and baju melayu. I can't wait to wear mine coz its custom made. Hahahhahah don't be jealous... :P anyways, these clothes are commonly worn by the Malays not just on Hari Raya, but also on daily basis since its easy to put on. Other than that it looks like it could go with any accessory that u guys can think of (well to me of course, but how about u??).

Ketupat...yum yum :P
The picture this time is the food that Malays eat during Raya. Its a simple yet complicate to make cuisine. Its delicious AND it makes u full in only a matter of minutes after u consume it. Just by looking at this picture makes me drool..... *sssssruuup* My mom makes the best ketupat and rendang... Yummy! U guys got to try it someday. hihihi :). Even so, this food can also be eaten on different days other that raya. U can even eat it while ur seating on a couch while watching the television.

Duit Raya (money is the best part) XD
Next is the best and something we Malays love the most! MONEY!!! Just like Chinese New Year, we get money call (duit raya) from our parents and relatives after we seek forgiveness to them...(just a simple *sorry* and the money will come flying rite into ur hands) hahahah easy rite? anyways u still have to promise to ur parents that u'll never do the bad things ur sorry to them ever again. Another way to get duit raya is that u go visit other people and they'll give u money in return for visiting them... But not all houses will give u money though :( . Not cool huh? I know rite, those houses are inhabited by stingy people! XD )

Bunga Raya (Fireworks) 
This picture of a happy boy here is playing bunga api a.k.a fireworks. We Malays adore playing fireworks during raya! why? Coz its FUN thats why! I usually play the simple yet friendly kind of firework which will not injure u if u know what ur doing. The most dangerous one I play during raya is the one played during the fourth of July. It has 20 in one box and all u gotta do is light em up and BOOM! 20 of them come out one by one and became a beautiful 20 flowers of fire in the sky. But u need an adult with u at least if u want to try it. Don't say I didn't warn u!

Happy Chinese New Year logo
 
The second in my list is Happy Chinese New year! Also I'm part Chinese (well, I'm 75% Chinese to tell u the truth). I choose this logo coz I LOVE dragons! They are my favorite fantasy creatures coz they're strong and cool! Hahahah! I should continue talking about this logo now huh? I like that circular symbol to! Look kinda mysterious rite? Or am I the only one thinking like that?If other cultures would like to celebrate this event the are more than welcome to do so.

Yummy! hhahah :)
I'm not good about explaining this particular food that Chinese people eat during Chinese New Year but I'll just give the basics. I dunno the name of this food to but I tasted it before so its not so bad and don't worry, its completely HALAL! So even Malays can eat it. Unlike ketupat however, this was only eaten during special occasions. So don't expect to find this during normal days.

Cheongsam (Female ONLY)
Isn't this anime picture of a woman wearing the cheongsam pretty? I like it so I used it on my blog. As u can see, many women during Chinese loved to wear this dress because it looks beautiful and elegant. Children usually wear Samfoo which is like half Cheongsam + pants. The fan this woman is holding is just for decoration but if ur interested...knock urself out. :)

Yay! Angpow XD
Oh yes! More on money! hahahah XD. Just like Hari Raya, children will be given angpows after their children or grandchildren come and say *Happy Chinese New Year* to them.Again, same like Hari Raya, u can visit ur relatives or friends and get money from them after visiting them. Nice huh? Whats best about it is that Chinese people are not stingy like Malays.... (Sorry but its the hard truth)

Lion Dance
The last thing about Chinese New Year is this! The Lion Dance! Its been formed by 2 people and they dance like crazy! But they pulled it through with string spirits. Its a very tiring dance so its better for people who have a lot of stamina. If ur not listening to my advice u might end up fainting in the scene. That would cause a MAJOR havoc for the people who are watching the dance. There is also one more type of dance which is similar to this one and its called the Dragon Dance. This dance is formed by more than 10 people because of the size. It requires more stamina but its worth watching since its danced during parades. It'll be very pretty.

Fireworks 
At the end of the celebration they use fireworks as the end. Its always beautiful in the sky during that night that u'll be dumbstruck by its sheer beauty. I know that u'll hope to see fireworks like this one someday huh? I love it to so I'll be wishing to see it from now on. X3

WellI guess thats it for now.... Sorry I didn't have time to explain on other cultures. Its not like I hate them or anything....Just No time.... So guess I'll see u guys again on my next post! Bye bye for now! Meow I'm out! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment